Monday, January 12, 2015

The Book Of Life - Chuy (the baby pig) - Prototype

After several months, almost years, without having seen a movie in a theater together, my dear husband and I decided to have a movie date. We left the girls with the nanny and went to see The Book Of Life. The movie was great: fun story with characters you end up attached to, good dose of humor, action and tenderness, nice music and AWESOME art!

I knew I wanted to crochet something from this movie as soon as I got out of the movie theater. La Muerte was my first idea but I really needed a quicker project: something easy which could give me almost instant gratification. The perfect character for these reasons was the baby pig: Chuy.

Here is the what my first attempt looks like. He's not perfect but I think he's still extremely adorable :)


Little tail!


And here is what my notes look like when I work on a project. It does make sense, right? ;)

The next version will have a body not round but more oval to give it more length, and with more rows to make it taller, so that the face is not so close to the legs. Stay tuned!

6 comments:

  1. LOVE this!! I thought Chuy was adorable too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this!! I thought Chuy was adorable too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Chuy is almost the star of this movie for me ;) I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Erin, I haven't written it down yet, but I can try to find some time to do it in the next week or so :) I'll keep you posted!

      Delete
    2. Hi Erin! Sorry for the delay, the last month got a little hectic here. I wrote down a pattern for Chuy here: http://chtitegeekette.blogspot.com/2015/11/baby-chuy.html
      It didn't get tested yet, let me know if you have any question or if it's not clear!

      Delete