Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Tentacles back to their creators!

When I am asked which old games I used to play a lot, usually my answer contains the following:

  • Prince of Persia
  • Captain Comic
  • Monkey Island (1, 2 and 3)
  • Might And Magic
  • Eye of the Beholder
  • Civilization...*
As well as Day of the Tentacle. I loved this game and played it a lot. The characters, the plot, the fact you had to imagine the craziest ways of combining items to advance in the game, all of that brings nostalgia to me.

A year ago, my friend Nico told me one of his friends had seen a picture of a purple tentacle I crocheted and asked how much it would cost to make a pair for him. Then he told me that this friend was no one else but Ron Gilbert (one of the writer for the game himself), I was all excited and proud that someone who worked on the game liked these cuties enough to ask for a pair!

I then proceeded and created 2 pairs of purple and green tentacles, and Nico brought them to Ron, who gave the other pair to Gary Winnick, another person who worked on the game.


So here is a picture of Ron and Gary, holding them:


And here is a close up of the tentacles themselves, quality of the photo is meh... sorry about that:



* I stopped writting down names, but there are much more games I've played and loved. Just wasn't the topic of this article :)

No comments:

Post a Comment